How to Select the Right Answering Service Plan
Determine Answering Service Call Volume
Types of Phone Calls Matter
If you find that you receive a lot of calls where people request office hours, directions or need answers to FAQ, adding a greeting in front of the operator might make sense to reduce your costs.
When Will you Use the Answering Service?
Since most call centers are available to provide service to you on a 24/7 basis, you’ll want to consider when you will want to call forward your phones.
- During hours
- After hours
Many find that having the call center back them during the day is a great way to make sure the overflow phone calls get answered.
You can control when calls are sent to the answering service using call forwarding features on your lines.
Consider using call forward no answer if you find that your phones are ringing off of the hook.
If you get complaints about busy signals, use call forwarding busy to the last line in your rollover group to send calls to the answering service.
Daytime coverage is an inexpensive way to cover the phones without adding staff or extra phone lines. You will definitely want to budget more minutes for overflow and watch your usage and adjust accordingly.
Will Your Staff Need to be Contacted?
Not a Psychic? No Need to Worry
If you found this helpful, you may also enjoy reading:
- 4 Characteristics to Help You Compare Answering Services
- Do Your Customers Like You? Ask Them the Ultimate Question
- What Society Can Learn from Call Center Customer Service Training
- 7 Great Tips on How to Choose an Answering Service
- Established vs. Start-Up, Which Answering Service is Right for You?
- What to Expect When Working With a Telephone Answering Service
- Four Key Traits to Look for in a Telephone Answering Service
- 4 Key Benefits to Answering Service Call Recording
- How Answering Service Agreements Ensure Quality
About Aaron Boatin
Aaron Boatin is President of Ambs Call Center, a virtual receptionist and telephone answering service provider. His passion is helping clients' businesses succeed. Melding high tech with high touch to provide the best customer service experience for clients is his core focus.