Ooma Call Forwarding Instructions
Ooma call forwarding allows you to forward your calls to another phone number. This includes call forwarding to the answering service, mobile phone or a landline. When you turn on call forwarding, incoming calls will be immediately sent on to the telephone number that the answering service assigned to your account. You can configure your call forwarding preferences from your phone or from the Ooma End User Portal.
Turn On Call Forwarding from Phone
- Pick up phone and dial *72
- Wait for the prompt and then dial the answering service's phone number followed by #.
Turn Off Call Forwarding from Phone
- Pick up phone and dial *74 and follow directions in phone prompts.
Turn Toggle Call Forwarding from the End User Portal
- Select the Forward it immediately option from the “When I receive a call” dropdown.
- Select the My external number option from the “Then send to” dropdown.
- A popup window will appear. Fill in your external phone number.
- Choose whether you want to show the original caller’s number or your Ooma Office phone number from the “With these settings” dropdown.
- Check the Require key press on answer checkbox if you want to be prompted to press 1 to answer a forwarded call. Turning this option on prevents your calls from being sent to your cell phone’s voicemail if you don’t answer, if your cell is turned off, or if you do not have a signal.
- Click Save to close the popup window.
- Click Save again to save your settings.
For visuals of the Ooma End User Portal check out the Ooma Call Forwarding help page